The Pincio is one of the seven hills of Rome.
It was the first public garden wanted by Napoleon, the current arrangement derives from the union of the Pincio hill with Piazza del Popolo, created by the well-known architect Valadier.
The Pincio promenade can be accessed via the ramps that rise from Piazza del Popolo, from the Viale di Villa Medici which connects it with the staircase and the Church of Trinità dei Monti, from Viale delle Magnolie and from the flyover on the Muro Torto which connects from 1908 to Villa Borghese. The avenues of the walk had been conceived from the beginning in order to allow the passage of carriages. The monumental access to the Pincio opens onto Piazza del Popolo, of which it constitutes a sort of scenographic backdrop with three perspectives located on the slopes of the hill.